Guava : My delicious healthy fruit
Yummy, delicious, when topped with some black salt it tastes amazing. This is all what I knew when I was small and crazy as a child to eat Guava’s in the season. I was so damn crazy that once I had put its seeds in my granny’s garden thinking that a tree laden with guava fruit will come out and I may get a chance to have a seat on top, pluck and eat non stop. Lol, innocent minds then. Didn’t knew that they propagated via cutting and layering method. They are mostly tropical fruits, found in tropical and sub-tropical regions of the world as western Indian ocean regions, Bahamas, Southern Florida, Caribbean regions.
Guava nutrition facts:
- They are super rich in Vitamin C, Dietary Fibres, and even Folic Acid. More Vitamin C, more resistant and better immunity, must for growing children.
- One guava has 4 times the Vitamin C an orange has, think it can be great for health.
- They reduce the risk of various cancer causing toxins and chemicals due to its high fibrous content, polyphenols and beta carotenes
- They are Potassium rich, important for regulating Blood Pressures and Heart rates.
- Presence of Magnesium helps as Stress Booster, after a hectic day have one or 2 guava’s and let your muscles relax.
- It also has ample Vitamin A, antioxidants, must for skin, as we all know. Did you know that Guava is also considered as Queen of the fruits? Well, yes, we all will agree to it now.
Making of Tropical Guava Bars:
Why not let’s get into making some really healthy and delicious Guava Bars for snacks this weekend?
Things you need :
- All purpose Flour : 2 Cups
- Light brown Sugar : 1 cup
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt : 1/4 tea spoon
- Rolled oats : 2 cups
- Butter (prefer non salted): 1 cup
- Guava paste, as in slices : 500gms
How to bake Tropical Guava Bars :
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees, grease the pan and set it aside
- Combine Flour, Sugar, baking soda, salt, rolled oats and add butter to this dry mixture till it turns crumble.
- Making Crust : Add half of this mixture to the pan
- Put the sliced guava paste on the top of the crust just made and press gently.
- Add the remaining mixture on this sliced guava paste and press it gently with the spoon.
- Bake for next 40minutes, keep on checking till the crust gets light brown.
- Let it cool, cut into pieces.
Serve the yummy bars as evening snacks to your kids full of nutrition and taste they would love.
2Min Guava Salad:
You can even make Guava salad for your kids as a quick nutritious meal, which I relished as a kid.
- Simple, just wash and cut it into pieces
- Add little black salt , grounded cumin, little chaat masala, pinch of red pepper, cilantro for topping and slight lemon for the taste. Cilantro is optional, I personally love the fragrance and taste it imparts.
Just mix it and it is ready to be served. Kids will relish both the items for sure. Do give them guava fruit to make kids strong and resistant.
Guava Juices are another kids favourite, but the packaged ones have ample sugar which not good for kids health. Soon, I will share the guava juice recipe as well. Stay Tuned:)
So what do you think of this? Have you tried before any such Guava recipe? If yes, how did it come through? Share me which fruit you love and what special do you make out of it?