Cucumber-Lemon Detox drinks
In the last post, I had shared about what detox drink/detox water is? And why it is a powerhouse of nutrition. In this post, I’ll be sharing 3-Cucumber-detox-drinks that I consume thrice a week. Well on the other days, there are different variations and I’ll be sharing other detox drinks recipes in my forthcoming posts.
Is Cucumber water or Cucumber detox drink beneficial?
Well, a follower on my Instagram after seeing my detox stories queried, if Cucumber juice is beneficial. I have been taking varied detox drinks, for the past 6 months and I’m here to share my personal experience. Gone are the days when Cucumber and Cucumber water were just used in parlors and spas. More and more health-conscious people have adopted this refreshing drink in their daily diet.
Cucumber is highly rich in
- Antioxidants like, Vitamin C, β-carotene, Flavonoids
- Rich in Vitamin B-5 (pantothenic acid), Vitamin K (important for blood clotting and healthy bones)
- Low in Calories (a cup of cucumber has just 15 calories), carbs, fat, and cholesterol
- Contains electrolytes as, Magnesium, Potassium and is even a good source of daily fiber requirement.
Did you know that cucumber is not a savory vegetable, but it is a fruit and has 96% water?
Since it is highly rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, it is a powerhouse of nutrition.
How to make Cucumber based detox drinks?
Well, when it comes to infused water, making cucumber-lemon-mint water is pretty simple. Simply slice cucumber and lemon, add mint to it and refrigerate it for an hour. You can sip this Infused water throughout the day, but do keep it refrigerated.
But I usually take it in the form of juice, right with the pulp and empty stomach early in the morning. Watch out my YouTube video of the 3 Cucumber Detox drinks.
1. Cucumber- Lemon – Mint – juice:
Watch out the preparation in the video shared above!
- Since Cucumber juice is rich in vitamins and minerals, it is a powerhouse of nutrition. It is a brilliant source of hydration and prevents dehydration (more so during summers) and helps in electrolyte balance. A glass of cucumber juice keeps me rejuvenated for the hectic day ahead!
- Lemon and cucumber, are rich in antioxidants and we all are aware of the long-term benefits of having foods rich in antioxidants.
- Cucumber-Lemon juice and cucumber-lemon pulp face pack, has helped me clear up my stubborn acne spots. Right hydration, with vitamins and minerals, actually helps you flush out toxins, and this helps you achieve healthy skin and a healthy body. Hence Cucumber juices excellently aides in skincare.
- Though I’m not on a weight loss journey, you do feel satiated after drinking this juice (with the pulp), and hence it aids in your weight loss journey (but ensure the right lifestyle and regular workout too).
2. Cucumber – Tomato – pepper juice:
Apart from the above-stated benefits, the Cucumber-Tomato detox drink as additional benefits as,
- Cucumber- Tomato juice is rich in vitamin A and dietary fiber.
- It has worked great wrt my metabolism and better digestion.
3. Cucumber – Ginger or Cucumber-Ginger-Lemon juice:
This combination is brilliant when it comes to delivering antioxidants, and boosting immunity. Further, it works wonderfully in treating indigestion.
In a nutshell, these Cucumber based juices are wonderful and have many potential health benefits. These detox juices should be included in your daily regime for your overall wellbeing. This month, all my posts under Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa campaign will be around a healthy body and mind, an inevitable detox that we need to do, for ourselves.
Are you taking any Cucumber based detox drink in your diet? If yes, do share it in the comments section below!
Love & Light,