Being Mommy-My experience

Continuing my Road to become Mom. Finally ,I welcomed the D-day ,receiving good luck wishes from all dear ones ,& pretty confidently approached the Maternity care .But hell ,just a look & thought of the operation theatre swung my BP to 160+. I had never been admitted to hospital before that & never saw Operation Theatre. This new-to-be Mom was being terrified.

Mom welcoming the darling

But as destiny wanted ,all went well & I gave birth to little baby boy. Just heard from the doctor that it was a sweet baby boy. No one could have imagined the question I asked- Doctor ,does he have straight hair or curly? To the utter surprise she told me- They are straight. Dismayed, this question generated curiosity in OT. But puzzle solved when she came out & saw my hubby with super curly hair & she just laughed away. LOL (she told me later this reaction).

Just after this small snippet, I was into deep unconsciousness. When I regained my consciousness, nearly after 2-3hours, I just exclaimed with joy. OMG! Look he is so small, so delicate bringing a sense of ecstasy within me. Till 3-4 days there was not much I could do to my lil one ,not even love him as he had contracted jaundice, so I was eager to return back home post his recovery.

An Emotional Moment

Day 5th ushered a new emotion in me ,that of a mother. A synonym of Love, care, hope, smile. That was what I felt on hugging my Little kid. On having such a serene look on his face ,on touching his tender fingers ,on pulling him so close to me ,to feel our shared warmth. It was a moment of a pleasure, of  fulfilment, of a strong bond called Mothers Love. No word in dictionary can ever describe those feelings .It was such tender & affectionate moment ,that I felt ,if I wouldn’t have opted for this new phase, it would have been an unwise decision out of me!

Life rushes

The test of patience begins henceforth ,test of understanding ,tranquility & love .The biggest fall out is unable to empathise the cries of child and to shower the love along with the frustration of hearing out cries;) . Get aware of unending sleepless night trails. If suddenly you get chance to sleep cozily ,you get bouts of something wrong for sure. LOL! Well these are just small parts; crankiness ,cries ,waking up at nights ,frequent nappy/diapering changes, potty washing ,drooling ,feeding frequently ,which takes away 80% of your time. But those remaining 20% of the time ,in which your kid smiles, plays, talks, does various activities, actually drains that 80% somewhere in the corner which you don’t even remember or wish to;)

Mom and baby

I wrote this post when my infant was 4.5months old. I felt then that I’ve definitely become a mini Joker. A little more kiddish & a big chatterbox, a lullaby composer & singer, talking all non sense ,making silly faces & laughing from nowhere. Guys, don’t treat me mad, this is an amazing “Motherhood” pie from a new Mom.

Many posts have been penned down to share up my feeling, expressions & a notable journey make a mom’s life more arduous but more and more exhilarating!!


Quest to live the life surrounded with the charming little bundle's of joy. When they speak, I sing, When they smile, I rejoice , When they hug, I hold them never to lose, Such is my passion for these Gifts of God.This love urged me to navigate separately from my Travel Blog & establish an "All-In-One" Blog for budding mothers. Mum's have multi-tasked this world ,with all her professional commitments , she still makes an extra effort to be a loving, caring and be an intellectual mommy! Cheers, for me too come from the same fraternity, post having a superb academics & close to 8 years of professional experience and blessed with a little one "who has indeed changed my life from Autumn to Spring";)

Leave a Reply